Fine jewellery is delicate and needs to be well cared for to keep it in great condition.
We recommend the following steps to care for your jewellery:
- Remove your jewellery before your daily rituals such as showering, exercising and bedtime as well as when carrying anything heavy.
- Avoid wearing jewellery pieces in spas and swimming pools.
- When not using, store your fine jewellery in a soft lined box such as your engagement ring box or pouch. Try to keep pieces apart, so that they so don’t rub together or tangle up.
- Keep your jewellery away from lotions, soaps, cosmetics and perfume.
- Remove jewellery when cleaning and do not expose pieces to harsh household cleaners.
- Diamonds are naturally occurring hard stones but can get damaged when knocked so it is best to wear them with care and store them safely.
We advise to check your ring setting regularly to make sure the claws are snug fitting and the diamond is secure. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Hold your ring between the tips of your index finger and thumb at the base of the ring.
- Bring it close to your ear and tap the shoulder of your ring with your other index finger.
- If you hear a little jingle, it's time to get your claws tightened.
When jewellery is worn frequently it tends to need a little clean. To clean your ring on a day to day basis, we recommend regularly using warm water, washing up liquid and a soft toothbrush to gently scrub diamonds and gold.
If you would like to arrange your ring to be professionally cleaned and polished, please contact us.