Fine jewellery is delicate and needs to be well cared for to keep it in great condition.
We recommend the following steps to care for your jewellery:
- Remove your jewellery before your daily rituals such as showering, exercising and bedtime as well as when carrying anything heavy.
- Avoid wearing jewellery pieces in spas and swimming pools.
- When not using, store your fine jewellery in a soft lined box or pouch. Try to keep pieces apart, so that they so don’t rub together or tangle up.
- Keep your jewellery away from lotions, soaps, cosmetics and perfume.
- Remove jewellery when cleaning and do not expose pieces to harsh household cleaners.
- Diamonds are naturally occurring hard stones but can get damaged when knocked so it is best to wear them with care and store them safely.
We advise to check your ring setting regularly to make sure the prongs are snug fitting and the diamond is secure.
When jewellery is worn frequently it tends to need a little clean. To clean your ring on a day to day basis, we recommend regularly using warm water, washing up liquid and a soft toothbrush to gently scrub diamonds and gold.
If you would like to arrange your ring to be professionally cleaned and polished, please contact us.